What happen’s to my Council Tax Arrears & Earning Arrestments when I enter a Scottish Protected Trust Deed? Scottish Trust Deed Info | Free Debt Help Scotland
Do you currently find yourself in Council Tax Arrears?
Do you currently have your earning’s arrested due to Council Tax Arrears?
Have Sheriff Officers sent a letter or appeared at the door regarding Council Tax Arrears?
If you tick one of the above and have debts totalling together to £5,000 you may qualify for a Scottish Protected Trust Deed which can have the following benefits;
- Pay what you can afford each month for four years and be debt free!
- Stop all legal action from your creditors
- Stop all action from Sheriff Officers, including arresting your earnings!
- Freeze all interest & charges
- No setup or monthly management fees!
- Stop all contact from your creditors
- Write off all debt that is not affordable
- Keep your home & car!
- Keep your contract phone & a normal bank account!
Please note this may effect your credit file, always seek advice from an insolvency practitioner prior to making any decision.
What happens when you enter the Scottish Protected Trust Deed?
Should you qualify for a Scottish Protected Trust Deed & wish to proceed your Council Tax Arrears would be removed & you would be expected to pay your on going Council Tax Arrears as normal.
In regards to any arrestment of funds or earnings (Direct Earnings Arrestment), this will be lifted as soon as your case becomes protected (generally five weeks after you sign your Trust Deed proposal).